The California Directory of Fine Wineries
Central Coast Edition | MSRP $22.95
Santa Barbara · San Luis Obispo · Paso Robles
Buy hardcover and/or digital editions:
Explore the congenial tasting rooms of a vast and unspoiled vineyard wonderland. With The California Directory of Fine Wineries as a guide, you’ll wander thorough world-famous Santa Barbara County, home to the landmark cellars of Santa Ynez Valley, Santa Maria Valley, and Santa Rita Hills. You’ll roam the scenic back roads of San Luis Obispo on the way to Edna Valley’s premier wineries. You’ll travel to pastoral Paso Robles, where you’ll be introduced to the distinctive blends and specialties of the region.
Click below to see sample pages from the series
- Profiles by travel writers K. Reka Badger, Cheryl Crabtree, and Daniel Mangin of 50 California Central Coast wineries, describing their signature wines, beautiful settings, and picturesque rural architecture, as well as telling the fascinating story of each winery owner.
- Highlights of the wineries’ distinctive offerings, from theater performances and concerts, to food-and-wine pairings and outdoor barbecues to inviting gardens, bocce ball courts, and picnic areas.
- More than 170 color images by renowned photographer Robert Holmes.
- Sidebars listing directions, vineyard tours, wine tastings, blending seminars, special culinary events, and nearby attractions.
- Two-page maps showing the 50 profiled destinations, plus more than 100 additional wineries in the two counties.